The Department of Tourism Regional Office XII in partnership with I Love South Cotabato invites interested photographers to "experience paradise" this coming November 7-11, 2013 in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato as it celebrates Helobung Festival 2013 (schedule of activities here) and join the "Experience Paradise in Lake Sebu" Photography Contest. Check out contest details below.
1. The Photo Contest is open to all interested photographers (amateur or professionals).
2. There is NO REGISTRATION FEE but interested individuals are required to REGISTER ONLINE to join. Registration Form can be found in this link.
3. Entries must be taken during the Helobung Festival from November 7 – 11, 2013
Experience Paradise during Helubong Festival
The photo should capture actual experiences. Tourists should be permanent element in the picture portraying the experience of fun and delight. This would include any five of the following:
1. Tourists in the School of Indigenous Knowledge, Arts and Traditions (SIKAT)
2. Tourists enjoying Tilapia Delicacy
3. Tourists making accessories using beads
4. Tourists wearing Kegal Nesif
5. Tourists wearing brassbelt
6. Tourists Wearing Headdress
7. Tourists Enjoying the Sight of the Falls
8. Tourists Enjoying the Zipline
9. Tourists Enjoying the Lake Cruise
10. Tourists Playing Flute, Kulintang, Agong or Kudyapi
11. Tourists enjoying Helubong Festival
4. Participating photographers should submit at least five (5) types of experiences to qualify for the contest and is allowed to submit a maximum of three (3) entries per experience.
5. All entries must be the original work and owned by the participant and must not have been used or published in any media or posted online for whatever purpose.
6. Photos should not include watermarks, frames, or other markings on the photo, such as the date and time of the entry.
7. Only basic enhancements like cropping, resizing, and minor adjustments in brightness and contrast will be allowed.
8. Submission should be in .jpg or .png format and should be at the highest possible resolution and quality.
9. Photo Entries should be submitted through email – firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
Title of Photo: ________________________________________10. Deadline of Submission of Entries will be on November 13, 2013.
Type/ Model of Camera Used: ___________________________
Date Taken: __________________________________________
Brief Description of Photo: ______________________________
11. All qualified entries will be posted at the I LOVE SOUTH COTABATO Facebook Page on November 14, 2013.
12. There will be voting through “Facebook Likes”. The photo entry with the most number of likes after verification will win the People's Choice Award. Voting will start from the time the photos are posted online and will end at midnight of November 17, 2013.
13. All submitted photo entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
Content, Value and Originality – 30 %
Visual Impact – 30 %
Creativity – 20 %
Relevance – 20 %
Prizes:14. Announcement of winners will be on November 20, 2013.
1st Prize – P 5,000 + certificate
2nd Prize – P 3,000 + certificate
3rd Prize – P 2,000 + certificate
5 Consolation Prize - P 1,000 each
People’s Choice Award – P 3,000
15. All submitted entries, winning or non-winning, shall become property of Department of Tourism XII and maybe published or used for promotional purposes by the organizers with due acknowledgement of the original owner.
16. Decision of the board of judges is final.
[CLICK HERE to register.]