|UP-SHS Koronadal City Campus is located along the National highway in Barangay Carpenter Hill, City of Koronadal. It is the third School of Health Sciences (SHS) extension campus of UP Manila. The other two campuses are located in Palo, Leyte and Baler, Aurora.|
|UP-SHS Koronadal City Campus is situated in a two-hectare lot donated by the provincial government of South Cotabato. It started operation last June 2011 with two freshmen classes with a total of 35 students each coming from all over region 12.|
|The famous UP Oblation at the UP-SHS Koronadal City Campus.|
|UP SHS in Koronadal City offers ladderized health science curriculum that begins with a certificate program on community health work that progresses to BS Nursing and to Doctor of Medicine.|
The goal of the school is to train midwives, nurses and doctors who will stay and serve in depressed and underserved areas of the Philippines rather than go abroad. Special privileges of a student in the UP-SHS include all students are "Iskolar nga Bayan." They do not take the UP College Admission Test which is very competitive, they will avail of free tuition and matriculation fees and use of library facilities.
They will also have other scholarship benefits such us, monthly living subsidy, and lodging allowance, transportation allowance while on training, book allowance per quarter, uniforms, medical equipment, student council contributions, support during service leave and board examination which is the responsibility of the sponsoring local government unit/barangay/NGO. NGOs sponsoring scholarship at SHS will shoulder all the benefits/allowance of their scholars. Likewise the NGO shall shoulder all standard fees due to the University as stipulated in the MOA between them.
UP SHS Koronadal City's first batch of midwifery graduates successfully passed the Midwife Licensure Examination given last November 2012 with a 100 % passing rate with two of it's graduates landed on the Top 10.
Additional building are currently being constructed beside the main building of UP SHS Koronadal City campus.
Interested individuals who are interested to study at the UP Manila - School of Health Sciences (UP-SHS) Koronadal City campus must be:
- a high school graduate
- preferably 16 to 25 years old upon admission
- may have more than one year of college experience
- if out of school youth, preferably for not more than 3 years
- must come from a depressed community in dire need of workers distant from health facilities
- parents and scholars are permanent residents of the community sending the scholar
- the applicant must have resided in the sending community for at least one year prior to the nomination
- He or she must be nominated by the community through a Barangay resolution signed by 75% of household heads
- family income of P80, 000.00 or lower
- must be physically and mentally fit
- must be committed to stay and serve in underserved areas of their municipality/province/region
- outstanding BHW and traditional birth attendants are encouraged to be nominated
- willing to sign a return service agreement of 2 years for every year of training
|Student's dormitories at the UP Manila - School of Health Sciences (UP-SHS) extension campus in Koronadal City|