Among the twenty (20) finalists was the Hearts and Brains Youth (HABY) Volunteers based in General Santos City. Composed of passionate volunteers, HABY Volunteers are involved in helping the marginalized sectors particularly in the far-flung areas in Sarangani and Gensan. Their projects includes conduct of medical missions, giving of school supplies and providing livelihood, among others.
For TAYO 12, HABY Volunteers presented their Bahay Tuluyan (dormitories) Project that aims to provide refuge to school children in remote parts in Sarangani.
"Our organization believes that no Indigenous People (IP) children should be left behind on education." said John Oliver Tablazon during his presentation before TAYO 12 judges.
The TAYO 12 winners which received a trophy sculpted by Mr. Toym de Leon Imao and a PhP 50,000 cash grant from the Coca-Cola Foundation Philippines were:
1. ACCESS-PYLP Alumni Association, Inc. - ZamBaSulTa Chapter
2. Indigenous Youth Servant Leaders Association of the Philippines
3. Kanlungan Pilipinas Movement Inc.
4. Katipunan ng mga Kabataang Santiagueno
5. Move this World Philippines. Inc.
6. Phi Lambda Delta Sorority
7. Red Cross Youth and Junior Rescue Team
8. Rescue Assistance Peacekeeping Intelligence Detail, Inc.
9. University of San Agustin Little Theater
10. Youth for Environment in School Organization - Lucena City National High School Ransohan Extension
Meanwhile, HABY Volunteers along with the other finalists that includes the CITE Youth Volunteer Group, CMLI Junior Alumni Association, Kwaderno, New Breed Special Force, Order of Asclepius, Rebirth Outdoor Trekkers and Adventurers Inc., University of the Philippines Business Administration Student Council, University of the Philippines Circuit and Youth for a Livable Cebu also received a trophy and a P20,000 cash grant.
The TAYO 12 search is spearheaded by the TAYO Awards Foundation, the National Youth Commission, the Office of Senator Bam Aquino and the Coca Cola Foundation Philippines, Inc.
Since its establishment in 2002, the TAYO Awards Foundation has recognized and supported the outstanding contributions of youth organizations to national development.
To date, more than a thousand youth organizations have joined the search and have become part of the foundation's growing youth network.