A festival won't be complete without a photography contest, so here's for the biggest and most colorful celebration in South Cotabato, the T'nalak Festival slated from July 11-18, 2014.
Attention all photographers. Get your shutter fingers ready, it's time for the T'nalak Festival 2014 Online Photography Contest!
Capture the best of South Cotabato and share it with the world to win exciting prizes courtesy of our partners, the Department of Tourism- Region 12 (DOT-12) and SMART Communications, Inc. Check out the contest guidelines and mechanics below.
T'nalak Festival 2014 Online Photography Contest
Guidelines and Mechanics
WHO CAN JOIN
The T’NALAK FESTIVAL 2014 ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST is open to all amateur and professional photographers, 18 years old and above, whether based in South Cotabato or anywhere in the Philippines and abroad but who has been to the province and taken photos of our tourist attractions and or attended the T’nalak Festival 2014 celebration.
Category 1: I Love South Cotabato
Entries in this category must capture any of the different tourist attractions (natural or man-made) or popular landmarks in South Cotabato.
Category 2: T’nalak Festival
Participant must submit photos taken during any activities of the T’nalak Festival 2014.
NEW! Category 3: It's More Fun in South Cotabato (fun shots)
No registration is required for category 3.
There will be no registration fee BUT interested individuals should register online.
Click the following link to register.
We will be accepting registrants until July 13, 2014.
Only registered participants are eligible to join the contest.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
1. SUBMIT ONLY YOUR BEST SHOTS. Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of three (3) photo entries in each category.
2. Entries in category 1 must be taken not earlier than May 1, 2014.
3. Entries to be submitted should be in FULL COLOR.
4. Photos in Black and White or in Sepia are not allowed.
5. IMPORTANT. Participant should provide the following information together with his/her entry:
A description of not more than 100 words:
Name of the Participant:
Address and Contact Number: (will not be published)
6. Nudity, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, gruesome, and violent photos are automatically disqualified.
7. KEEP YOUR PHOTO ENTRIES AS PURE AS YOU CAN. Only basic enhancements like cropping, resizing, and minor adjustments in brightness and contrast will be allowed. Digitally enhanced, manipulated photos and those applied with special effects will not be allowed.
8. Photos should not include watermarks, frames, or other markings on the photo, such as the date and time of the entry.
9. All entries must be the original work and owned by the participant and must not have been used or published in any media or posted online for whatever purpose.
10. Submission should be at the highest possible resolution and quality or at least 1,600 pixels at one side. Acceptable formats will be jpg or png files.
11. All entries must be submitted through email -- firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12 MN of July 21, 2014.
12. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the contest in the event that an insufficient number of entries of suitable quality are submitted.
13. All submitted entries, winning or non-winning, shall become property of the Department of Tourism XII and maybe published or used for promotional purposes by the organizer and DOT-12 with due acknowledgement of the original owner.
All entries will be uploaded on “I Love South Cotabato” Facebook page on July 25, 2014.
Online voting (Facebook Likes) for the “Most Popular Photo” Award will start immediately on July 25, 2014 until midnight of July 31, 2014.
All qualified entries shall be judged based on the following criteria:
Creativity and originality 30%
Photographic quality 30%
Relevance to the theme 40%
The decision of the board of judges is final and not appealable.
The following are the prizes at stake in each category.
First Prize - P5,000.00 and certificate
Second Prize - P3,000.00 and certificate
Third Prize - P2,000.00 and certificate
Fourth Prize - P1,000.oo and certificate
Fifth Prize - P1,000.oo and certificate
Most Popular Photo – P3,000.00 and certificate
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
Winners will be announced online on August 1, 2014.