Hinugyaw Festival 2014 is set to showcase the best of the City of Koronadal and it's people, give tribute to those who have contributed to what the city has become and provide avenue for its people from the 26 barangays to come together and celebrate.
The weeklong Hinugyaw Festival 2014 which is also in conjunction with Koronadal City's 74th Foundation Anniversary starts today January 4, 2014 with a fun run at 4 AM and other major activities including the opening of Motocross Competition at Ladera Farm, Practical Shooting Competition in Brgy. Morales and the opening of PBM Chess Tournament at around 8 AM at Gaisano Grand Mall of Koronadal.
Also scheduled today is the opening of Kasadyahan sa Dalan, a beer and food fest at Jaycee Avenue at around 4 PM and the event I am attending this evening, the pageant night of Lakambini ng Koronadal 2014 to be held at the South Cotabato Gymnasium and Cultural Center at 7 PM. Ten (10) lovely Koronadaleñas are vying for the title. Stay tuned for updates.
The Agri Trade Fair at the front Parking Lot of the South Cotabato Sports Complex and the Grand Bazaar/ Trade Fair at Rizal Park are also on-going.
Included in my list of not to be missed activities in this year’s Hinugyaw Festival celebration in #kanamikoronadal are the following:
1. Lakambini ng Koronadal 2014 (January 4, South Cotabato Gym)
2. Motocross Championship (January 5, Ladera Farm)
3. Siok Extreme Eco-Adventure (January 6-7, Siok Falls)
4. Hip Hop Dance Competition (January 7, Gaisano Grand Mall of Koronadal)
5. Mixed Martial Arts Competition (January 9, South Cotabato Gym & Cultural Center)
6. Drumline Competition (January 10, Gensan Drive)
7. Anniversary Program (January 10, South Cotabato Sports Complex)
8. Piyesta Korona (January 10, South Cotabato Sports Complex)
9. Celebrity Night (January 10, South Cotabato Gym)
10. Disco sa Kalye & Foam Party (January 10)
|Piyesta Korona is a mix of street dancing, mardi gras, float competition and street party.|